Name the Series/ Show

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

Re: Name the Series/ Show

Postby kev » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:21 pm

lo&m wrote:Just remembered. There was a late entry in the Avengers canon. It was a three-hander, two male leads and one female. Joanna Lumley might have been the female. Was one of the male leads Patrick McNee making a last go-round with the John Steed character?

That was "The New Avengers" (1976-77) - Patrick McNee, Ms Lumley, and Gareth Hunt as Gambit. I think they included him as a bit of 'eye candy' for the female viewers since Steed was getting on a bit now!! We were lucky(??) enough to see Gareth Hunt in panto one year as the Sheriff of Nottingham alongside Floella Benjamin as Robin Hood ... now how's that for a dream pairing? :lol:

Since it's just you and me playing this at the moment I'll put you out of your misery. I was thinking of "Sapphire & Steel", starring Joanna Lumley and 'UNCLE' Man David McCallum, which I see from looking online ran for 3 years and has something of a cult following. I seem to remember it as almost impossible to follow :lol: :lol: ... maybe I was too young to appreciate it!!
kev

Ultimate Member

Postby Moshe » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Seem to be in between games in this one. But all this talk of old TV series got me thinking about "Crossroads" :shock:
I watched a prog about Larry Grayson the other day & apparently he was friendly with one of the actresses from Crossroads. They showed a clip!
Back in my early teens, when I went through a period of bunking off school, I started obsessively watching "Crossroads". Very dreary, as i recall it now!
Cor Blimey, Guv'nor! 8)
Moshe

Ultimate Member

Postby lo&m » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 am

Wouldn't have got that. Vaguely remember S & S. Think I did watch it at the time but the only bit I remember is the line, "They had mice in their space-ship." Don't ask me what it was about, long since forgotten.
Country is a state of mind, not a state of America.
lo&m

Previous

Return to Games