5 string banjo player available - West Sussex/Hampshire

Moderators: lo&m, Moshe

5 string banjo player available - West Sussex/Hampshire

Postby banjoboy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi

Based in central southern UK, I've been playing since the 1970s. I've played semi-professionally in a few bands over the years at countless venues throughout the south; folk clubs, country music clubs, concerts, festivals including Cambridge Folk Festival, and on radio. I'd love to do so again with the right band. If you're a mature, competent musician based in West Sussex/Hampshire, you're serious about your playing, set professional-level standards for yourself and those with whom you play, would like to play interesting, high quality arrangements of good music and need a banjo player who doubles on flat-pick guitar and sings tenor harmony, I'd love to hear from you. I enjoy playing newer bluegrass, jazz, celtic music, ragtime and some 'classic' banjo pieces. I don't care for jamming because, for me, the beauty of bluegrass (and indeed most music) is in tasteful arrangements and considered, intelligent playing. I certainly like to have fun with my music, but quality must always be paramount, especially when playing for the paying public.

Harry
banjoboy

Newbie Member

Return to Artists and Bands